Arkholme C.E. Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Consequently all adults working in school are required to complete a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Enhanced Police Check.
All schools have a clear responsibility to ensure they work together with other agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children. As a result, if concerns are raised within our school, or a child or parent reports a situation involving possible abuse, we are required to refer such matters to the appropriate Children’s Services, in line with Government and Lancashire Education Authority.
Our Safeguarding policy and procedures comply with:
- Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022
- Working Together to Safeguard Children (2018 updated 2022)
- Children’s Safeguarding Assurance Partnership (CSAP)
- Arkholme C.E. Primary School Vision and Aims Statement
Our school fully recognises the contribution it can make to protect children and support pupils in school. We also acknowledge that schools which offer best protection to children:
· have a positive school culture
· ensure that children in school know to whom they can turn for support and help
· have a Child protection policy and clear procedures for action within school
· have staff who know how to recognise signs and symptoms and know what to do when they have concerns
Our Designated Senior Lead for safeguarding is: Mrs Joy Ingram (Headteacher)
Our Deputy DSL’s are: Mrs Hayley Whitaker and Mrs Emma Muckalt
In conjunction with Lancashire Police, Arkholme Primary School is involved in a national initiative called “Operation Encompass”. The purpose of Operation Encompass is to safeguard and support children and young people who have been involved in, heard or witnessed a domestic abuse incident.
Following an incident, children will often arrive at school distressed, upset, worried and unprepared. Operation Encompass aims to ensure that appropriate school staff are made aware early enough to help and support children and young people in a way that means they feel safe and included.
This is a valuable initiative that means we can help and support students and their families within our school when they need us most.
You can find out more information by visiting the Operation Encompass website
Our School Safeguarding Policy is available to read along with all other school policies here