Our extremely hard-working and invaluable PTFA organise an array of fundraising events which take place throughout the school year. As well as providing delicious treats and refreshments at all events and performance, the PTFA host their own events, including:
– Family bingo nights
– Pyjama film evenings for the children
– Jumble sales
– Cake stalls
– Textile recycling days
– The annual summer fair
… and many, many more!
The funds raised go towards financing all-important resources for our school. From new texts and stylish seating for our soon-to-be refurbished school library to essential outdoor play/classroom equipment, the school benefits greatly from these events. We are very grateful to our PTFA for funding our annual whole-school visit to the Westmorland Show each September, including coach travel. Coach travel on most trips is, in fact, covered by the PTFA.
The PTFA always welcome new members.
Our current committee
Chair: Danielle Barker
Vice-Chair: Gillian Chase
Treasurer: Gillian Phillips
Secretary: Katy Waddington
Please contact us on our Facebook page with any further enquiries. The PTFA welcome any new members.
Thursday 25th May, 2017: Pyjama Film Night from 6:00pm
Monday 12th June: School sports day and the crowning of the new Rose Queen, cream teas, refreshments and Maypole dancing afterwards.
School play: refreshments.
A simple and convenient way of raising funds for our school while shopping online. You simply need to:
1. Log on to: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/
2. Search for Arkholme C of E Primary School in the ‘Search for a Cause’ box.
3. Join easyfundraising; this just takes a few minutes.
4. Shop online at the retailers below and many more.
5. Collect donations as a proportion of your purchases to be Giftaided to Arkholme School.