Our nursery is part of our EYFS unit. We have a newly built, exciting and engaging learning environment. Our nursery sessions are led by a qualified teacher and nursery leader. Our sessions run on a Monday from 11:45 am until 3:30pm and on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 09:00 am until 12:45pm.
The nursery and reception children work together as one class. This enables a very smooth transition into school for the reception children.
We take children from the term after they are 3 years old and offer free places using the 15 hours nursery entitlement. Children start in either September, January or April. We welcome visits and please contact school if you would like more information.
Funded places for 2 year olds
As a maintained nursery we can now offer free places for 3 year olds from the term in which they turn 3, if they meet the following criteria –
- If he/she is looked after by the local authority; or
- If he/she comes within the criteria used to determine eligibilty for free school meals; or
- If their family receives working tax credits and have annual gross income of no more than £16,190 per year; or
- If he/she has a current statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education Health and Care plan; or
- If he/she is entitled to Disabiltiy Living Allowance; or
- If he/she is no longer looked-after by the local authority as a result of an adoption order, a special guardianship order or a residence order.
Also children who live with in the adminstrative boundary of Lancashire County Council includes children described as –
- Children in Need (as defined by Children’s Social Care Services); or
- Children subject to a Child Protection Plan (as defined by Children’s Social Care Services); or
- Children of Gypsy Roma Traveller heritage resident in Lancashire ; or
- Children who meet the criteria for portage from LCC; or
- Children of serving armed forces personnel residing in Lancashire.